Sunday, July 24, 2011

Settling In





Ok, I am feeling much better about everything tonight. We have been busy getting all settled in to the new digs, which included registering the girls for schools, buying lots of housewares, getting transportation (Oyster) cards, reinstating all the utilities, purchasing mobiles, connecting wi-fi in the house, paying council taxes, requesting recycling bins, joining the Tooting Library, and on and on. It felt a bit much at first, but we have been incredibly industrious and gotten lots done. We even cleaned all the trash out of the front garden and cut down the weeds in the back. Things are looking up! :)

Yesterday we decided to take the day off and spend it at Greenwich, which was fabulous. Greta has written about that, so I won't say much but will add a few photos. This is what I imagined us doing here and we're loving it. I can't count the number of different languages that we hear on the streets and on the tube, it's amazing. And the different types of shops and restaurants, it is just so cool!

I'm sure that there will be ups and downs to all of this, but it is already making sense. I am so glad to be here and excited about all that this year has to offer.

2 comments:

Balanced Life Works said...

Hi Rainbow Crew - this trip sounds amazing, and I'm sure there will be ups and downs, but sounds like you've started hacking away at it. The trip sounds awesome already, thanks for posting pics. Already it looks like a great experience. Send pics of the house, after that description I really want to see it. Take care. Chris Dyer

hollyd said...

Awww. I miss you all so much, but it's so much fun to peek in on what you're all up to, how you're settling in and to hear about your triumphs! I love you all so very much...keep up the good work and....
Keep Calm, and Carry On!!!!