Monday, August 8, 2011

The Latest From Ashbourne Road



Our house is finally starting to feel a lot like home! Almost three weeks from the first time we saw 58 Ashbourne Road, we have done a lot of work (and shopping). Dad finished painting in the dining room, and it made such a difference. Not sure about the other rooms, but we are hoping to have most housework done by the start of school (September 6th). On the topic of school, Franny has received confirmation that she will be attending Links Primary School next year. Unfortunately, Graveney is over-enrolled, and they don't have any spots left for me. ):  We're still hoping that I will somehow still be able to go, but it's very unlikely. Nevertheless, we have a couple of other options: Chesnut Grove and Bishopsford Arts College. Still unsure of which have spots, and they're not very close by, but wherever I go it will be a new experience and we'll make the best of it! On a better note, Mom and I tried out Tartine Artisanal Cafe on Tooting High Street. It has a Parisian vibe, and was the perfect place for delicious sandwiches and people-watching, and fifteen minutes from our house. Mom had veggie and hummus on baguette and I had a club sandwich. Both with a side of salad, fries (or should I say "chips"?), and limonada. I think we've found our London Portage Bay Cafe...

2 comments:

Mia said...

Hi Greta! I'm sure whatever school you get into, you will find a way to make it a positive learning experience. Keep us posted! Love your blog! Xxx

hollyd said...

Steven looks like such a natural on the ladder. And the color makes me think of your home in Seattle! Am so glad things are taking shape for you in Tooting! I just know that whichever school Greta winds up attending, it will be just right. Savor the summer. You've already been gone three weeks!