Monday, January 30, 2012

What I Love Right Now








It been six months since our first week living in London (which I don't know how to respond to other than 'wow') so here's a list of the things I love about living here...

1. The National Gallery (see above pictures) and the other hundred or so amazing and completely free museums. Last weekend we saw one of Van Gogh's Sunflowers paintings in person, among many others, and it wasn't the least bit overwhelming- no feeling guilty about staying for less than an hour because you can go back anytime.
2. The Guardian newspaper every morning. Such a great paper, and the entire family has their favourite section. Dad loves the 'Review,' Franny reads the 'Family,' Mom likes the main front section, and I love the Saturday magazine. And reading it obviously has an impact, as I now add a 'u' to my words whenever possible. See 'favourite.'
3. All the great 'street style' and fashion blogs. Yes, I could read those anywhere, but it's fun seeing the pictures of places we've been to- one I love is Wish Wish Wish blog. Plus I've been more adventurous style-wise, I think, thanks to brilliant places like Asos.
4. London's public transportation.
5. New friends.
6. Thanks to BBC iPlayer I watch more TV than in Seattle, and we don't even own a television. I especially love BBC Charles Dickens adaptations- Great Expectations was fantastic; so was The Mystery of Edwin Drood, although it was a bit on the darker side. And don't get any of us (and probably most people in the UK) started on  how much we love BBC Sherlock.

I am absolutely loving living here, and have had such great experiences and learnt so much- I just hope that I'll remember and continue to appreciate all of it.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Greta,

What a super positive, super grateful posting--thank you for sharing!

Something tells me you will always remember and appreciate all that you're experiencing on this Grand Adventure and that it will influence the rest of your life. You have much to thank your parents for, eh?!

As for your fashion evolution, I LOVE your outfit in the top pic! :)

Cheerio and best to you and your family,

Emily from across the street

Greta said...

Emily,
Thanks so much for the comment! It's so great to hear from you; that's one of the reasons why I love the blog. And yes, I really do owe loads to my parents.(:

Greta xo

Sydney said...

knew i should have been born in the uk!!

http://sydsense.blogspot.com