Monday, February 20, 2012

Even more from Prague and Vienna

 
First day in Prague was a low of 5 degrees F.
 I absolutely loved these houses on the water, especially the ones is pastel blues, yellows, and some pinks.

Like Mom said, the Czech Republic's capital was like fairytale land. To me, Prague looks like the setting for the animated movie Anastasia (probably my favorite Disney film) although it is supposed to take place in Russia. I think it's partly the snow, partly the gorgeous old buildings, and maybe partly all the faux fur we saw.
 The anatomical clock was incredible- we were in the square at 10 am, and got to see the figures on the clock move. Plus, there was someone playing the trumpet at the top of the clock tower!
 Cool swing in a park near Prague Castle. Unfortunately, I fell flat on my face in the snow shortly afterwards,  and then became even more snow-covered after Franny's hands warmed up enough to allow her to make snowballs. 
 One of fifteen or so old-fashioned tram pictures that Dad took.
 Outside Vienna's Stephansdom before Dad, Franny, and I climbed up it. 
 The view from halfway up, the furthest you can go. Cannot imagine what Vienna looks like from the top.

There were horse and carriages all over the city, just to make it that much more picturesque.

No comments: