Saturday, May 5, 2012

As of Late

Cambridge University




Nope, I wouldn't mind going to class here...


I haven't blogged in awhile, but here's what has been happening this past April/May...
  • As part of Gifted&Talented, I had the opportunity to go to Cambridge University with some of my classmates for the day where we toured campuses of the different colleges and learned a lot about the interview process, the kind of grades you would need to get in, and what it's like at an Oxbridge school. It was such a great experience- the campus was beautiful, of course, but it was also interesting to hear about the logistical side of university. The main thing I learned from the day was that the interview is a huge part of getting in- over 80% of Cambridge's applicants are interviewed, so you have to have a good personality, come across well, and hopefully stand out. I can't believe it's less than three years until I'll (most likely) be applying to schools!
  • Last weekend, Mom and I ran some errands on Oxford Street (returns etc.) and stopped in at Liberty. We both loved it- their prints are amazing, and it is filled with gorgeous clothes, stationary, and especially homewares. I could definitely outfit my house in everything Liberty. I did get a travel-card holder there which I love because it's very London. After Liberty we wandered around shopping and trying not to get too wet. Last week it poured every single day and we've had the heat on all day it's been so cold. Definitely not typical May, which is fine- Spring is my least favorite season; I'd rather chilly winter weather. 
  • I have had lots of exams recently which hasn't been too fun, but otherwise school is going well. We are currently figuring out my schedule for Ballard High sophomore year- kind of challenging because none of my lessons here are specifically titled e.g. 'World History 1/2'...it's just 'History!' I have yet to tell my friends here that we really are leaving this summer- I know I have to by the end of May though; it's gotten late enough.
All in all, a good start for Spring.

2 comments:

hollyd said...

I'm still utterly impressed with that trophy, Francesca! Woot! So proud of you!

ScatterrBrained said...

oohh last year I went on a G&T trip to Oxford too and I was so dazzled by it all. The one thing that stuck me most was how PERFECT the lawns were, not a single weed in sight! ahaha. I'm so easily amused.

Anyway, thank you very much for the comment on my blog, I never know if anyway actually reads my longer posts, so I'm glad that someone actually found it interesting in the slightest. :)

rebecca x
scatterrbrained.blogspot.co.uk